This is the first of my new series ‘what I Eat In day’. I will be sharing with you some of the dishes I eat on a plant based diet and recipes that I have created.
I hope you like it and I would love to know what you think or what your favourite dish is? So leave in the comments! ALSO don’t forget to subscribe and watch the video following this recipe on my youtube channel // Rebeccataylor11
Breakfast – Porridge
- Porridge oats
- Soya milk
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi
- Handful dried fruit
- Flax seeds (ground)
- Desiccated coconut
- Pour the oats into a bowl and pour as much soya milk as you would like. If you like it runnier add more milk if you like it thicker or my stodgy add less. Entirely up to you.
- Stir then put it in the microwave for 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds. I usually put it in a pan but I this is for a quick on the go breakfast. Chop your fruit whilst it is in the microwave. Don’t wotry if you can’t chop in only 1 minute, there isn’t a time limit 🙂
- Take out your bowl, be careful it may be hot, then decorate your bowl with fruit and sprinkle ovwr some coconut and flax. And enjoy a quick and easy but delicious and filling breakfast.
Lunch – Stir Fry Veg & Rice
- White/ brown rice
- Sunflower oil
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 pepper
- 1/5 courgette
- Handful kale
- 4 baby tomatoes
- Pine nuts
- Soy sauce
- Boil some water in a pan then add a handful of rice. Cook for 15 minutes and whilst it is cooking prepare your vegetables.
- When the rice is aldente (15 minutes from cooking) heat thesunflower oil in a wok then add the courgette, tomatoes, carrot, pepper and a few drizzles of soy sauce.
- Stir fry for a few minutes then add the kale and cook for a further 2/3 minutes. Set aside and drain the rice.
- Serve up, add a few pine nuts and enjoy!
Dinner – Pizza
For the dough:
- 150g wholemeal bread flour
- x1 7g yeast sachet
- 110ml warm water
- Mixed herbs
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
For the topping:
- 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic gloves
- Pinch of salt
- A few slices of courgette
- Spindle of sweetcorn
- Handful kale
- 1/4 pepper
- Vio life vegan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Firstly, in a bowl add the flour, salt, year and warm water. Mix to form a dough.
- Knead for 10-15 minutes. When you pull the dough it should stretch not break. If it breaks keep kneading. Cover with cling film and place the bowl on top of the oven in the middle. (Don’t put it at the back as the heat will cook the dough).
- Leave the dough to prove for 20 minutes and start preparing the vegetables and sauce.
- Cut the vegetables in thin slices and set aside. For the sauce, pour half a tin of chopped tomatoes with the crushed garlic and a sprinkle of mixed hebs in a pan and let it heat through for 3/4 minutes, then take off the heat.
- When the dough has risen and is ready, knock it back (this is when I followed the dough as if I’m folding clothes). Roll it out and shape your dough. You can crinkle the edges so when you put the sauce on it won’t run over the edges.
- Pour the sauce on to the pizza base and finally add your toppings and Vio life cheese. Put in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes. And ENJOY!
You could serve with some wedges or sweet potato chips and salad.
I hope this have inspired you for food ideas for a simple but delicious vegan diet and I hope you have enjoyed the first part of my series.