Do you have a sweet tooth? If so you are going to love this post!
These recipes below are all made with products from ‘The Coconut Collaborative‘ which are vegan yogurts and puddings made with all natural ingredients and no added sugar. Sounds great right? They are free from soya, gluten and dairy so anyone can enjoy these treats. These puddings are just simply delicious and can be used in many ways to adapt to different recipes.
The Coconut Collaborative puddings can be purchased from Tesco superstores as well as most other stores in the free- from section.
Here are 5 plant- based recipes to treat any sweet tooth. They are all very simple and easy to make that doesn’t require too much time. I know sometimes we can feel overwhelmed with recipes when we have such busy lives but I can assure you, these recipes can be made on any busy schedule. You can completely change these recipes to adapt to what ingredients you have and whether you plan to have them for breakfast or as a dessert. Also some of these recipes can be made the night before for a quick and easy yet delicious breakfast for the following day.
Recipe 1: Granola, coconut yogurt and berries
For the granola:
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup of mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup caramel syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Natural Coconut Collaborative yogurt
- Frozen raspberries
- Flaked coconut
1) Firstly preheat the oven to 180 degrees. For the granola, measure out all the ingredients and add all the dry items to a baking dish.
2) Then measure the syrup, vanilla essence and melted coconut oil to a separate bowl and stir.
3) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine.
4) Bake for 40-45 minutes whilst every 15 minutes stiring the mixture.
5) Leave to cool then store in an air tight container.
6) Add the granola, berries and yogurt to your dish and enjoy.
Recipe 2: Pancakes with yogurt, caramel syrup, coconut and chocolate chips.
Ingredients: for the pancakes
- 120- 150ml Soya milk
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 150g Plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Raspberry panna cotta Coconut Collaborative yogurt
- Handful of blueberries and frozen raspberries
- Sprinkle of dark chocolate chips
1) To make the pancakes, weigh out all of the pancake ingredients and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Try to resist adding more liquid if the mixture seems too thick. For these pancakes the mixture needs to be quite thick when cooking so when you flip them they stay fluffy and do not break in half. Add a small amount of oil or dairy free butter to a frying pan and heat then add a spoonful of mixture to the pan. Cook until golden then flip it and repeat. Once all the pancakes have been cooked, stack them up and arrange your toppings. Enjoy!
Recipe 3: Layered granola jar
- Almond Coconut Collaborative yogurt
- Pre-made granola from above
- Coconut curls
- Fresh blueberries
1) Using your pre-made granola, get a jar and pour a small layer of granola to the bottom of the jar. Then add a layer of yogurt. Repeat the layers in the same order until the jar is almost full. When the jar is almost full, fill the last layer with the coconut curls and blueberries.
Recipe 4: Sourdough bread with salted caramel choc pot & pumpkin seeds
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 mini salted caramel choc pots
- 1 tablespoon of almond Coconut Collaborative yogurt
- Sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
- Sprinkle of flaked almonds
- Sprinkle of coconut flakes
1) Start by cutting your sourdough loaf into a couple of slices and toast for a few minutes. When the toast is done, spoon the choc pot onto one slice of toast and spread over the yogurt on the other slice. Sprinkle over some pumpkin seeds and any other toppings you desire and simply enjoy!
Which recipe would you most likely want to try?
*This blog post is in collaboration with The Coconut Collaborative*